Diversified Protection Corporation is a Las Vegas-based security management company with major operations in the National Capital Region, New York, and South Carolina. We currently employ more than 700 people and have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the nation's 40th-fastest-growing company. Our major clients include the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, NASA and the EPA, with more on the way.
Position: Security Contract Manager
Classification: Exempt, full-time
Site Location: Various sites in the National Capital Region and throughout the United States
Pay Rate: Competitive. Negotiable, depending upon qualifications.
Reports to: Vice-President, Operations
DPC Contract Managers have responsibility and authority for the successful performance of all aspects of a government physical security prime contract. In some cases, the Contract Manager may also manage DPC's relationship with a subcontractor. The Contract Manager will run the assigned operation on a day-to-day basis and will work cooperatively with clients, government Contracting Officers and COTRs, corporate personnel and the Executive Management Team.
- Plans, and provides leadership, for the administrative and security programs of the facility. Makes short-term and long-range plans and schedules. Sets goals and establishes objectives and actions to achieve such plans.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with the client departments and their representatives.
- Directs the activities of all security functions, assigns duties, approves schedules, and delegates authority to accomplish them.
- Establishes programs and activities to motivate employees and enhance employee morale.
- Establishes programs and activities to improve employee safety and health and achieve a zero incident culture.
- Establishes creative methods to enhance, improve, and optimize operations to reduce costs for both the Company and the client.
- Directs the work of other employees, including selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting, and any disciplinary or corrective action, including termination, in concert with, and with oversight from, specific corporate personnel.
- Ensures that adequate procedures, methods, and techniques are established in all programs, disciplines, and operations so that functions are executed with maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Works collaboratively with corporate personnel to ensure services provided are designed to meet company and contract objectives.
- Clears policy matters with the appropriate corporate and/or client officials, whenever necessary, and advises facility management and staff of pertinent matters.
- Remains aware of statutory, regulatory, and policy requirements that affect administrative decisions and/or security operations of the facility.
- Responds on a 24-hour, 7-day basis to significant unusual occurrences.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with leadership of bargaining units (on unionized contracts).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective and successful operation of the facility.
- Provides direction to the workforce to achieve all contract performance requirements.
- Confirms the contractor is in compliance with the Statement of Work
- Monitors performance of supervisors, subordinate managers, and technical staff.
- Regularly makes rounds of all assigned facilities to ensure that all contract performance requirements and quality standards are being met and to remain engaged with the workforce.
- Ensures all daily / Weekly / Monthly deliverables are completed timely and documented properly.
Supervises numerous employees, including subordinate managers/supervisors, technical specialists and security force.
This position will work independently with oversight by the Vice-President, Operations. Most Contract Manager positions are located in a client facility. Some are located in DPC offices.
This position is to be available by phone within two hours during regular business hours and able to respond within twenty four hours to matters arising from Human Resources, Operations, and contract managers.
The function of this position requires responsive and friendly customer service skills accompanied with professionalism and patience. Many of the customer are not conversant in the matters and will require a practical orientation and base level training that may require extra time.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Use of Microsoft Office at beginner level is a requisite for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversified Protection Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.