Positions currently available in Greer, Clinton, Greenville and Greenwood, SC.
Protective Security Officers are responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of assets, personnel, customers and visitors to a federal facility. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol federal government premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Protecting property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents.
- Investigating and writing reports on daily activities, accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Providing any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors following established procedures.
- May perform other related duties as assigned by a supervisor and or the Project Manager.