- Ethical Conduct and Able to Deal with Conflicting Points of View and Interests
- Excellent interpersonal skills. This position will be in contact with a wide variety of people, including prospective employees, trainees, current employees, union representative, service providers and customer.
- Customer/Client Service Focus with PM’s, trainees and employees. Be responsive to queries and able to provide clear directions and pragmatic consistent advice.
Responsible for oversight of Recruiter(s), Employee Relations Ombudsman, and HR Administrator(s) handling Onboarding, records management, and benefit administration tasks.
Responsible for partnering and advising the Contract Management Manager on Union and CBA matters as well as Contract Managers on employee performance matters.
This position will work under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer.
The function of this position requires responsive and friendly customer service skills accompanied with professionalism and patience. Many of the "customer" are not conversant in the subject matters and will require a practical orientation and base level training that may require extra time.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint at user proficient level is a requisite for this position. Must also be able to learn and operate essential functions in the WinTeam ERP and Applicant Tracking System.
Must be proficient in the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently is required to sit at a desk, answer phone calls and operate a computer for up to 8 or more hours per day with reasonable breaks.
- May also be required to stand for extended periods and function off-site.
- Able to move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to articulate events, clearly and concisely in written form.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a Full-Time position. The Human Resources is expected to be available from at least 8 am EST to 5 pm EST and able to respond to emails and texts after hours on critical matters.
- This position may be required to work extended hours and varying schedules
Will require both local visits to contract sites in the National Capitol Region, overnight stays to existing contracts outside of the National Capitol Region (OH, SC, NY and other states), and extended overnight stays for new contract startups. Will be required to use Metro or own vehicle locally.
Required Education And Experience
- College degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or comparable subject matter. An associate degree in the above areas with substantial workplace experience will be considered as an alternative qualification.
- SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR desirable.
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience in the Essential Functions section.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak the English language in a professional clear and concise manner.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
None required, but a TS clearance would be advantageous.
Diversified Protection Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.